Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Intepreting Technologies

The DVR has changed my life! It is because of this that I watch TV. I hated watching any show because I would always miss episodes and get off track. So I would buy the DVD’s but as we all know that is very expensive. And times are tough so it was no longer an option. So when I got cable for the second time it came with the DVR. I now watch so many shows even ones that com on at the same time. It is amazing I feel like I run the television. I feel empowered when I can fast forward through the commercials or rewind the slap.

You can tell a lot about a person by the shows they have saved. I was watching a show on MTV called Room Raiders where people raid each others rooms for a potential date. On this particular episode the boy looked to see what the room’s owner had TiVo’d and he noticed she was watching shows about UFO’s he considered that a turn off because he assumed that she was into Science fiction and aliens, which was true. If you looked at my recordings there are a lot of reality shows mostly modeling type programs and glimpses into the good life (Kimora Lee Simons: life in the fab lane, The fabulous life of______, insane listings etc.). You will also find a lot of comedy films. I’m not exactly sure what that says about me but I’m sure someone could make a judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment